The Red Thread

The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

Memories Of You....

The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Memories Of You.... Empty Memories Of You....

Post by The Phoenix on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Today I framed two pictures of my beloved grandfather. It has taken me this long to find the perfect setting to hold someone dear. I cleaned the glass, repeatedly , rubbing smears iridescent on the glass. It took a while before I realized the problem...It wasn't dirt, it was tears.....mine, that kept falling onto the glass.
    As I cried and worked, a tidal wave of emotions erupted, some of which I had forgotten till this very moment. For me, I was suddenly reliving the day he died....details that shock had obscured, blotted out, a safety mechanism.....Well it broke today. and my heart bleeds. Some wounds never heal, we must find a way to live with them.....in this case---Without him.
    Memories Of You.... Icon_cry
    joeygregor
    joeygregor

Memories Of You.... Empty Re: Memories Of You....

Post by joeygregor on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:00 am

I feel for you, Phoenix. I remember well my grandmothers death. I was very close with her as our birthdays were the same. I remember the day, nearly every detail still firmly layed out in my memory. But, what I remember the most were her last words to me. I was the last one she spoke to. Those words from a dieing woman needing some relief burned a hole in my heart and I can hear them just as clearly now. Let the tears flow, my friend. The wound will never heal but we will go on.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 am