The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

Truth and Accountability

The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Truth and Accountability Empty Truth and Accountability

Post by The Phoenix Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:19 pm

July 2, 2009

The path of least resistance, seems to be the chosen journey for most individuals. I have often wondered, perhaps we are all missing a Valuable life lesson in the process. No-one likes to expose themselves, whether it be in conversation, intimacy, socially, OR even to oneself. I simply marvel at the amount of deceit, and lack of conviction that exists today. Ironic isn't it, that most have forgotten that there are always consequences for ones actions......ALWAYS.

If you pick up a newspaper, turn on the Internet or global news...everyone is talking....talking about the utter horror and disbelief of this universal degeneration. Example, the recent death of a pop singer...(known for his “indiscretions”}.....but the news has made him an eccentric icon......."whose talent will forever be missed" Hardly anything is acknowledged about his perversions....It is swept under the rug and forgotten....which leads me to ponder accountability for ones actions.

Truth~~1.consistent with reality or fact
    2.Real or genuine
    Accountable~~ Responsible: answerable
    As defined by Websters..........

It is very easy to observe random acts of deceit, inhuman actions so vile in nature they defy and challenge ones reasoning ability. Yet...they occur everyday, in ones neighborhood, workplace, school, local market and even the sanctimonious Church......yeah organized religion, a hiding place for the biggest liars of all. A place where you can literally buy yourself a excuse, ticket of absolution, or simply feel better by hiding behind religious, ethics......They are so easy to use, so acceptable and dignified. Religion can make everything all better, solve ones problems. The whole world waits; with bated breath for a new and improved, purged of all ills....morally "clean" person to emerge. I don't buy it......if you believe this I have a bridge in Brooklyn you may be interested in purchasing.

Truth is the lock, and accountability is the key....if one wants to , truly right the wrongs, purge all guilt, and feel better about oneself , then it starts at the source. We all have felt pangs of guilt or remorse for actions, deeds, or misconduct. I have to come believe that we all must be held accountable for our own actions. Our choices help to define who we are, BUT are NOT the only compelling OR primary component.

We may be able to convince the world of our self righteous beliefs....but in the dark of the night.....we find our selves alone with the truth....and it can be very hard to escape or accept. Most individuals seek to either bury their remorse, or use some form of organized religion to cleanse their conscience; while others may choose to hide behind their ethics and so called morality. It sounds better doesn't it? God is not some supreme puppeteer; sitting pulling strings, I personally believe that He has given us a mind and heart, with which to think and feel, and a conscience to help keep everything in check.....it is up to us to hold ourselves accountable for our own actions. Human nature is so predictable...we always fail to realize the most important life lesson.......For every action there is always a consequence.People tend to forget this important detail, in their day to day existence. If everyone simply took the time to consider the impact of their actions and or behavior much hurt and pain could be avoided.

Yes we all make decisions but lets be honest, there are many things, and people that may influence our decision making skills. Never have I looked to someone else to lay blame, or seek help.....But what happens when you find yourself pushed, manipulated, lied and hurt , by those surrounding you? The question becomes what does one do? Anger and resentment, can be debilitating to a person under enormous duress. How is one to reconcile the damage done by others, without self destructing? Who is actually worthy of forgiveness/redemption.....how is it obtained? Should we ask those whom we may have injured for their understanding and absolution.?

The dilemma is compounded by our lack of honesty within ourselves. We all have skeletons which we would like to bury and forget. Our personal image, that which we portray to the world can possibly be in jeopardy, if we do not rectify the damage/injury we may have done down the road called life.

I have witnessed first hand, how unscrupulous people can be. Those who know me best understand my heart, my depth of conviction, my strength of character. My belief and my trust has been challenged time and again...........My personal answer to this equation is this, live life without a safety net and hold yourself accountable for your actions. You may not have the attention and respect deserved, but then life can be full of surprises....you know, the curve balls....sometimes, you never see them coming....therefore one can never prepare. Never under-estimate that which you can not control.....

We all have witnessed in these most difficult of times, individuals who may be in great need, those who could use a helping hand....We tend to turn a blind eye toward that which we cannot justify, explain or accept. I am an observer of life, and what is most startling of all is that no-one is ever held accountable for their actions. Though it is rare, some individuals are merely a victim of circumstances beyond their control.

We all know of sanctimonious individuals , those who may be a bit more fortunate than others...feeling self assured of their importance. They can be quite generous of themselves to those in close proximity. It is a facade plain and simple. The truth always has a way of coming out. Should they be held accountable for their actions, like the rest of the population, or are they above it ? The cardinal rule of life is a simple one: Do No Harm! If you have injured or hurt someone, then you have a responsibility to make things right. Listen to your conscious...and if it doesn't work...then consult a shrink !! Be fair and just in your decisions .

Everyone of us has, at one time or another, seen someone whom may be down on their luck, perhaps in need of a kind word, a smile a gesture.......Most of us are too preoccupied with ourselves, to even give notice. The question becomes have we become SO self absorbed that we are incapable of random acts of kindness? Have we lost our ability to truly care about another person ? My moral for today is a simple one...........

Our actions and words carry weight , care and attention must be given, as we" brush" against others in our day to day existence. Remember~~Try not to leave too much damage in your wake as you go........it takes little effort to be kind and considerate...
    Yours in the fire...
    The Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am