The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

3 posters

Who are you?

joeygregor
    joeygregor

Who are you? Empty Who are you?

Post by joeygregor Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:51 pm

I watched the Super Bowl with my daughters. I was especially excited this year to watch the halftime show. One of my all time favorite groups, the Who. The first rock concert that I ever went to years ago was them. I can still see Roger spinning his mic around on the cord....yes, they had corded mics back then...lol. It was on the song, See me Feel me. He threw the mic up in the air, caught it, and began singing right on time......"Listening to you......". It is a one of those memories that just embed themselves.
    The who sang one of their other popular songs called "Who are you". It really got me thinking. Who am I? I pondered on that thought so much that I actually missed a part of the game in the second half as thoughts wrestled inside my brain. Who am I? The answer, if we are honest with ourselves is that we are many things....not necessarily a split personality but many things all in one. Each one of our personalities are a blend of those many things. More good than bad, I hope but most definately a blend.
    There are times when I am strong and others when I am so weak that I cannot keep from crying. I can be so cold and other times when I am extemely passionate. I can love deeply and then hate almost as deep. I feel I am more balanced there than others, however. I only hate things or people who hate or harm others and then don't care. I firmly believe that if the world could just learn to love more....so many things would be much more easily solved.
    My thoughts flew from good traits to some of the more deviant that I would not proudly brag about. A thought came to my mind. One word spread it's wings across the map of my thoughts....acceptance. Acceptance breeds love.....love cannot happen wthout it. We all, each and everyone of us have our angels and our inner demons. If we can learn to accept each other for who we are it also makes it easier to accept their acceptance. I know that I am a bit deep here but from here up on my perch, I can see it clearly.
    So, I cannot tell you who I am....not totally. Except for one big thing. I care. I care for anyone else who cares also. I will accept your faults and hope that you will accept mine. I will not label anything that you do wrong, unless it harms someone else.
    There is a Harry Chapin song about a man who was confused about who he was. The song went something like this....Am I? I am a lover whose never been kissed. Am I ? I am a fighter whose not made a fist. If I should die, there is so much that I have missed. How do I know I exist?
    Where am I going with this? I am not sure other than to challange you to......Who are you?
    The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Who are you? Empty Re: Who are you?

Post by The Phoenix Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:25 am

Excellent ! Take a read of "Perceptions"...it was my stab at the subject matter.
    Though feel proud because you had the strength of character to truly explore and take a look in the mirror......most inidividuals do not.
    xoxox
    Phoenix
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Post by Pegasus Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:13 am

Wonderful insight! I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I think though that for me I've been pondering who I am not...Thanks so much for sharing...Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am