The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

2 posters

Good/Evil Light/Dark

joeygregor
    joeygregor

Good/Evil   Light/Dark Empty Good/Evil Light/Dark

Post by joeygregor Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:12 am

First off, thank you so much for the honor of my own place. I almost feel like I have moved into a new apartment. Like I have just recieved a comfortable chair for my perch up on the moon. It is truly an honor that I dont take lightly.
    A scientist will tell you that the true definition of dark is merely an absense of light. I believe that if you look up a dictionary definition, you will find the same. Light can be measured but darkness cannot. The less light, the darker something will get. The light of the day is caused by the sun but night comes from it's absence.
    Extending that to good and evil, I would propose that evil is merely an absence of good. John Lennon once wrote "All we need is love". He was very much on in his assesment there as love is a core product of good. It is also the heart of God. In all of Christ's teachings in the Bible, I would challange you to find anything contrary. He even challanged us to love our enemies.
    I cannot think of a person out there that I can say that I hate. Now, there are some people that I don't care for, that have done some great harm to me and to my family and friends. But, I feel more sadness and pity for them then I do hate. Their anger and bitterness push out the love and goodness in their hearts and that void is filled with the hatred and evil.
    In an extension of that thought, I believe the teaching of turning the other cheek is very valid but I would add a part to it. Turn the other cheek, but make ready to block the next blow. The winning of some of my greatest confrontations came without striking a blow of my own. I recall a former brother in law who had raped a older woman. As a representative of my family, I went to see that woman and on my knees begged for her forgiveness. I still remember the shocked look on his face, when I walked arm in arm into the courtroom with this woman and stood there staring at him letting him know solidly where I stood. I also noticed something in this evil man that I had never seen before. He actually dropped his eyes.
    So, the answer is a simple one, is it not. John got it right.....all we need is love.
    I love you guys!
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Good/Evil   Light/Dark Empty Re: Good/Evil Light/Dark

Post by Pegasus Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:03 am

Great post Joey! I'm grappling with the other cheek thing as we speak, though I know what Jesus would do. Thanks so much for the gentle reminder...
    joeygregor
    joeygregor

Post by joeygregor Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:40 pm

I believe that He taught us to forgive but....not forget. The addage of turning the other cheek was not meant without a little defense also. We need not be beat up by them....or by ourselves. You can block their blows without stiking back. It kind of falls inline with remaining positive. A trait that I see highly in you.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Post by Pegasus Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Thank you, my friend...I do try...Smile))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:48 pm