The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

2 posters

Nocturnal Serenade......

The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Nocturnal Serenade...... Empty Nocturnal Serenade......

Post by The Phoenix Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:42 am

I have trouble sleeping, a condition that has worsened through the years. My inability to relax is bordering on becoming a handicap...one that must be corrected and soon. Why can't I find my Zen moment ? The only zone I am able to reach is my runners high, the point one reaches when you have maxxed yourself out, pushed the limit as far as is possible. The 13 seconds of silent bliss where the only functioning part of the body is , the expansion and contraction of the lungs. All brain activity ceases.....you simply breathe. It is both a euphoric and tranquil state brought on by the endorphins coursing through the body.

Tonight I was listening to the music of the night, a few stars splattered the heavens and the moon was obscured by some cloud cover. I sat on the front porch, with only a candle to illuminate the darkness that was enfolding around me. As I stared at the shimmering flame.....my mind began to wander, drift along coaxed by the melodious sounds of the night. The ebony sky , the serenade of the nocturnal, and the flickering of a candle flame, sublime in its perfection.

Thought for me is a narcotic....always needing to be fed.....What is soothing to a over stimulated mind ? A particular thought, perhaps a memory or place , maybe it is a familiar voice of someone dear. I spent the better part of my life living outside the comfort zone, even my cognizant abilities are the strongest when thinking outside the box. So if one is so completely out of step with the rest of the world, then how does one soothe the savage beast? Is it a matter of surrender or focus? The answer for me lies in uniting the elements of myself , harmonizing the spirit, uniting both mind and heart. Maybe I simply am trying too hard ,some things cannot be forced....maybe I simply have to let go and just be...?

I would liken my life to the children's book.."Where The Wild Things Are" By Maurice Sendak.....
    This is my world and welcome to it ! Always retain your humor and wit.....if others don't get it......who truly cares ?
    Stones Roll

Nocturnal Serenade...... Empty I sleep well most of the time!

Post by Stones Roll Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Either the sign of a truly content and peaceful soul or a dedicated sociopath. You be the judge!
    Stones Roll

Nocturnal Serenade...... Empty All Kidding Aside...

Post by Stones Roll Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 pm

...you probably are trying too hard, as some things can truly not be forced. I admire so much those who can function with little or no sleep.

Sponsored content

Nocturnal Serenade...... Empty Re: Nocturnal Serenade......

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:58 am