The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

2 posters

My artwork

Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

My artwork Empty My artwork

Post by Pegasus Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:45 am

I had been writing for about 10 years when I became a fan of a show called Blood Ties. For some reason I could never take my writing to the next level, however. Last summer after Blood Ties was cancelled I was so bored to tears that one day I decided to draw a portrait of my favorite character, Henry Fitzroy. The writing was just not flowing and I was more restless than ever before. Well, one portrait became two and two, three and three, four. I wanted to see if I could reproduce the same face and everyone would recognize it as that of Kyle Schmid, the actor who portrayed Henry. Soon, I had a collection and people were asking me to draw their portraits as well.

I have been gifted with artistic talent since I was a kid but I never had much interest in doing anything with it. For me the gift came easily and I easily took it for granted. Well, since those first portraits, I have taken an art class on Portraits and I've decided to take another called Fundamentals of Drawing. I can't believe how much I've progressed in just a year's time. For me, this is my true calling...With each and every finished portrait, a euphoria sets in and a peace that I have never felt before...a true sense of satisfaction and accomplishment...like I was meant to do this..

Life is quirky that way. Just when you think you've gone as far as you can go, the universe steps in and says, "So you think you've arrived, eh? Well let's see what you do with this!" And poof....She throws you another curveball...Some you catch and run with and others just run by you. But everyone once in awhile you catch one and actually throw it back. And before long you're playing in the Big Leagues. I'd like to think that maybe one day so will I. So always keep your eye on the ball. Because you never know which curveball will lead you to the All Stars game!

xoxox,
    Pegasus

GERRY BUTLER

My artwork Th_CIMG8393

KYLE SCHMID

My artwork Th_CIMG6457ksc-Copy

DYLAN NEAL

My artwork Th_CIMG8357

Last edited by pegasus on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

My artwork Empty Re: My artwork

Post by The Phoenix Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Pegasus...

Wow is all I can say, not only do you possess the gift of verse, but you are also artistically gifted as well. Your art work is amazing, I can only draw stick people...LOL, But hey---They are amazing stick people! I am what I am...whatever that may be.....

Yours in the fire..
    The Phoenix
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Post by Pegasus Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks so much, Phoenix, for all your support. I'm glad to be among like-minded people.

xoxo,
    Pegasus

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:46 pm