The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

2 posters

THE PATH TAKEN...

Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

THE PATH TAKEN... Empty THE PATH TAKEN...

Post by Pegasus Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Are you a dream weaver, day tripper, straight shooter or karma chameleon?

So today I was driving home from Office Depot and suddenly I found myself daydreaming... until I pulled into my driveway and had no memory of just how I had gotten there. Now this is not an uncommon phenomenon but what came to mind was if this might be any indication of just where my life was headed in general…just what path I was on.

We all start out in life at the same point…ground zero…the pistol goes off and we’re running out of the gate. As I see it however, the road diverges into four paths…

1.the straight and narrow
    2.the dream weave
    3.the day trip.
    4.and thekarma kaleidoscope

Some people propel themselves forward, certain of their course from the moment they are born like the bee to the honey…they walk along life’s path with certitude and assurance of knowing their destination. They know not how long it will take them or if their bodies will slow them down before the end of the journey. But they are certain of the endpoint. And in the certainty lies the course of the journey. Time is irrelevant because they know where they are going to wind up... These are the straight shooters…

Others are in an urgent hurry to get to their destination as if they are not sure it’s the correct one and they must get there quickly in case they need to make a detour or turn around and find another road. So they set off quickly, not planning out the route too well, tripping over things as they go, pushing irrelevant (and sometimes very relevant) things out of the way. They are not above rudeness, and other self-serving behaviors if any will help them achieve their goal more quickly.They only travel by light, going well past the speed limit hoping to make good time before nightfall and whatever lies hidden in the unseen dark...taking the path of least resistance with an unparalleled avarice.

Then there are the dream weavers. These are the unique few who are willing to choose a path, any path, that they believe is the best path, the one that will bring the most rewarding experiences and the greatest enlightenment . Once the path is chosen these individuals wander along weaving in and out, stopping along the way to test out the roads less traveled or experience a diversion simply because of the experience or perhaps because it may be of value to their souls, even if at times the experiences are painful yet crucial to growth. They store up these experiences like jelly beans in a jar that someday they hope to revisit and perhaps share their stored up wisdom with others.

The last type is perhaps the most difficult...The karma kaleidoscope... It is the path that chooses its travelers. These travelers are put on this path because of crucial karmic lessons they must learn. They may rebel, deny or try to runaway from these sometimes difficult life experiences but karma will follow them and in their case all roads really do lead to Rome...Those that accept their "assignments" continue on the path, assured that next time the journey will be much less difficult and perhaps they will become dream weavers or even straight shooters. Those that refuse to cooperate wind up on a clover leaf, going round in karmic circles picking up more baggage as they go...karma chameleons...till they eventually realize that they are going nowhere fast...or they remain permanently looped...

Just as there is North, South, East and West, these four paths take us in very different directions ...But it is up to each and every one of us to decide how we want to reach our destination. And yes, sometimes our path is heavy with burdens but there is always a choice to be made in how we choose to travel.

So the next time you get in your car, and head out to start a new day, consider which path you're on...And if you have doubts, consider that perhaps the journey is the destination and not the other way around...Listen to your heart. Be true true to yourself. And pay attention to the signs. And always remember, that it's never too late to make a course correction.

Last edited by pegasus on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

THE PATH TAKEN... Empty Re: THE PATH TAKEN...

Post by The Phoenix Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Without a doubt...I am a karma Chameleon. I think it is time to get off this "clover-leaf" and in order to do so....I need to accept and surrender. It is hard to do so for someone like myself.....inner strength, and a determined mind.....but I have found through life experience, sometimes it doesn't matter, it is how you make the journey that counts. This past year has been like an epic crash , it was not a matter of Choosing.....there was only ONE PATH for me to follow......lucky are the ones who do have a choice-----And I hope they choose wisely !

~~Great topic Pegasus

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:40 pm