The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

2 posters

Dreams of Happiness...

The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Dreams of Happiness... Empty Dreams of Happiness...

Post by The Phoenix Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 pm

I have been a tiny bit under-the-weather, mostly due to some personal stresses in my life. Someone dear once told me I need to purge things on a daily basis...but I am still in the infantile stages .Tomorrow is a defining day for me July 31....another door closes. This is about happiness, things that warm the heart, the very things that bring a smile to ones face at the mere thought.Happiness comes in all forms, and like most things in life it differs for us all. It can be hearing a favorite song on the radio, driving without fighting traffic, no lines at the local market, a promotion, or simply balancing ones check book and discovering much to your amazement you are not overdrawn ! It can also be triggered by someone near and dear to your heart, the person who just makes you smile when you hear their voice....exchanging ideas, hearing from a friend...or in my case, being able to convey my thoughts through writing...and granted: it does not always flow.

Some believe that happiness comes from within, if we are at peace with ourselves, but sometimes it is hard to counter act the harsh reality that life can literally throw in our faces. There are a few individuals that truly make me smile.....and then there is one whom has always touched my heart in a deep and profound way. It is a gift that we should cherish, nurture and protect....it is significant in the respect that, despite the mediocrity of life, ..they can shine, actually illuminate those around them. We all should take great care in protecting these rare individuals.Our instincts are dulled perhaps dormant, we need to awaken our essence....with the singular notion of developing and building our relationships with others .Everyday if you are lucky enough to have the opportunity...smile , give thanks and appreciation for someone special....spend less time debating impractical issues, or dwelling on unpleasantness,cease and desist arguments, conflicts.....just learn to embrace each other in our own splendid magnificence....Then give thanks for the humanness of it all.

I readily admit that I can, and do get sidetracked by my own frustrations and selfish desires.....This is not a attribute I am proud of . I need to focus on being more supportive and perhaps understanding , loving and accepting. I want and need to believe that if you give of ones self ..then perhaps it will come back to you.....maybe. There are two types of people in the world...the "Givers" and the "Takers"......all my life I have tried hard to give of myself to others.....and So many have taken from me without so much as a Thank You. Now do not misunderstand me, I gave of myself because I chose too......but I also had the misfortune to have been misused in the process. Did I learn a lesson ? Maybe.....but it doesn't; alter who I am as person. I have had to learn how to smile again...and I am still learning...still trying hard to hang on to a shred of hope....that MAYBE my dream will come true one day. I know that I deserve to have some joy and happiness in my life. Do I expect nirvana, or perfection...? NO !! I can honestly say for the first time in my life that I do know what I want and need.....As I sit here typing this, the very thought makes me smile......That is what life is all about ! We are inundated with bullshit and trivialities that get lost in translation, we have sacrificed parts of our humanity in order to achieve more....it is a vicious cycle..the more you achieve....the more you want. Try simplicity for a change...if you could have your heart smile....what or who would it be ? I urge you to take the time to ask yourself this question.....Do you realize that with every beat of our heart we are inching closer to the grim reaper..? Think about it..............Tick Tock....Tick Tock.......

Yours In the fire..
    The Phoenix

Last edited by The Phoenix on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Dreams of Happiness... Empty Re: Dreams of Happiness...

Post by Pegasus Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:22 pm

If I could have one thing in this life it would be to love well and be loved in return. Because after I'm gone the only thing that will remain is how I am remembered. Thanks Phoenix for another lovely insight.

xoxox
    Pegasus

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:53 pm