The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

3 posters

Grace simply Grace

joeygregor
    joeygregor

Grace simply Grace Empty Grace simply Grace

Post by joeygregor Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:00 am

When you think of that word, what thoughts come to your mind? Do you think of the grace of a beautiful Southern belle as she picks the hem of her dress off of the floor and seemingly floats across the floor? Do you think of the Patriarch as he sits at the end of his long table at his families meal and gives thanks for the nourishment in front of them? Or possibly the title of a aristocrat?

There are many defininitions of the word. But it has a special meaning to me. When I think of grace, my mind always goes to God. I think of an all powerful all knowing being who takes the time to think of me. Now if you think of that and ponder on it deeply, the impact of that thought can almost be crushing. For if this all powerful being is outside of all including time itself and yet has thoughts of even me, a mere grain of sand on this huge beach of life just how powerful is that
    I watched a movie the other day where a Jewish man was forced to change his religon back in the turn of the century in order that he might be able to survive. His reasoning for doing so was simple. God is available in almost all religions and if you believe in him, truely believe in him, you are outside of any of them and thus they just become a title.

I find myself in contrast with much of today's organized religions and yet in league with them at the same time. I watch as things happen to people, even me, that seem to go beyond explanation. And then at the same time, I see autrocities that I cannot explain and don't understand. And yet, through it all, I know He is there and I know He cares. I can only say that I merely feel it.

And yet someone as vile as me, who's thoughts sometimes waver, who's desires sometimes pine, who's actions at times are inexplicable can be cared for by Him. I guess that thought alone at times spurs me on to be the very best that I can be. To sometimes think twice and others times just move without thought but always trying to keep the thought in my mind that I want to honor Him with my actions. That whatever I do, I don't make others stumble from my movements. I am responsible for one thing and that is that small circle of life that we call self.

And so, I sit here up on my perch on the moon, pondering on it all. Why me? Why now? Why do I have the thoughts that I have? Why do I want more? Why can I not just be happy with what I have? And most important, what does He want of me?

So, all I can do is sit in His lap, looking up at His greatness in awe? I can ask Him any or all of these questions without repercusion, knowing that whatever I say, whatever I do, he will accept me.......I only need to accept Him.

Now, after writing all of this, I have only two fears. Will you truely understand what I am trying to say or will you think less of me from my misspells since I cannot find my friend, the spell checker.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Grace simply Grace Empty Re: Grace simply Grace

Post by Pegasus Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:51 am

That was beautifully conveyed joeygregor! Bravo! I feel the exact same way. I feel Him, too. And it goes beyond joining a Church and following man made rules. Thank you for sharing this. Have a wonderful day!

Pegasus
    The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Post by The Phoenix Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:47 am

joeygregor....

Welcome....Your writing style matters not....{but it is quite eloquent!} I happen to agree with your introspections....and heart felt..honest and genuine. Here everyone has value and deserves to be heard.

Simply put...beautiful and enlightened
    Please make yourself at home....

Yours in the fire,
    The Phoenix
    joeygregor
    joeygregor

Post by joeygregor Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks girls. Now will someone please direct me to my friend, the spell checker?
    The Phoenix
    The Phoenix
    Admin

Post by The Phoenix Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:23 am

LOL---I write in my email thus use that spell checker there....then copy and paste my topic......hey I love your avatar..Viggo is hot...... : cyclops

Yours in friendship and fire,
    Phoenix
    joeygregor
    joeygregor

Post by joeygregor Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Vigo is quite the guy.....but I think I relate to Strider more. I loved that character in the book and related to him the most.
    I assure you, I am not Hot like Vigo......but I am more of a Strider type of guy.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

Post by Pegasus Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Indeed you are!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 am