The Red Thread

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Red Thread

The Red Thread

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Red Thread

A Introspective Collection of Life Observations

About Me....

Pegasus
    Pegasus
    Admin

About Me.... Empty About Me....

Post by Pegasus Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 pm

I like Monet and Degas, they saw the big picture. I like the big picture. Details just wear me out. Speaking of pictures, I’m a movie buff, of most genres… but especially oldies like those of Betty Davis and Errol Flynn. They knew how to do it with flare! And being a huge fan of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, I love ballroom dancing. The way to my heart is a turn at the tango. As for music, QUEEN ROCKS! But anything from Reggae to Ragtime can sweep me along if the tune is just right. Music speaks to me. It inspires me to dream great dreams and comforts me when nothing else will.

I never do things halfway. It’s an all-or-nothing proposition for me. …If I say I’m gonna do something, I will. And when you ask me my opinion, I’ll give it. In fact, if you asked me who I might have been in another life I would probably tell you I was a warrior, an infamous courtier or burned at the stake.

Don’t talk to me of the weather or the latest game score. Tell me your secret wishes, your greatest dreams and your highest hopes. Speak to me of times past and futures imagined- of poets and politicians and philosophers. Give me your list of things to achieve. And I’ll give you mine. Here goes… I want to jump out of a plane and sail through the sky (with a parachute attached, of course. I might be an idiot but I’m no fool) …I’d like to float up above the hills in the basket of a hot air balloon…to speak Portuguese, the tongue of my Grandfather…to learn to play a piano so I can sing my heart out into the wee hours of the morning…to write one of the greatest love stories of our time…

If life is a highway then I’ve taken a few detours along the way and most times, not of my own choice. Somehow, though, I always manage to find my way back to the Main Road. My motto?....No matter what you do in life, do your best. And go the distance!!!! Better to fail, and ask “What next?” than to withdraw and ask “What if?” Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction but you’ll never know unless you get out there and live it!!! And while you’re living it, please remember to always be kind and throw your trash in the proper receptacle.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am